Cleveland Grooming Academy
Complete Basic Grooming Course Curriculum
At the Cleveland Grooming Academy students will learn all of the following skills to create a solid foundation for their new career! The Complete Basic Grooming Course includes everything taught in the Complete Basic Bathing Course and more!
- All equipment safety, maintenance, and cleaning procedures.
- All brush, comb, and rake styles and which one will work best for each individual pet coat types.
- Blade and clip comb lengths, and how to alternate between them.
- Table safety.
- Tub Safety.
- Safest blow drying techniques, and how to pick the appropriate dryer for each individual pet to minimize stress.
- Safest washing techniques to minimize stress.
- How to trim nails and file down nails.
- How to clean ears.
- How to monitor pets for signs of stress or possible health problems.
- How to build trust, and provide a positive grooming experience to all pets.
- How to introduce young puppies to their first groom, while providing a positive experience to set them up to enjoy future grooms.
- How to handle and care for senior pets.
- How to handle and care for aggressive pets.
- How to handle and care for matted pets.
- Breed specific cuts as well as cuts for mixed breeds.
- Cuts varying from basic light trims to a summer shave.
- How to build a genuine client to groomer relationship.
- How to pick the correct product for each pet, to benefit their coat or skin.
- How to perform a de-shed process, which removes up to 90% of a pet's undercoat.
- How to properly manage time while working on a pet.
- How to appropriately book appointments based on learned skills.
- And much more!